10 Things Aspiring Novelists Should Know
- Your novel is not a personal journal. Consider the reader.
- Writing is a business. You enter into an agreement with a reader. You agree to entertain in exchange for their money and emotion. You agree to inform for their time.
- Readers don’t like charmless heroes. Just because your protagonist happens to be an anti-hero does not mean you are free to make him or her 100% unlikable.
- Only experienced novelists who have successfully completed two published books should attempt to use an anti-hero as a protagonist.
- Antagonists should be people, not things.
- If you aren’t willing to listen to advice, if you aren’t able to learn from your mistakes, and if you aren’t prepared to let go of stories nobody wants to read, you will probably not succeed.
- You have to read a lot to be able to write.
- Using examples of famous authors who were published more than 30 years ago to justify long passages of description in your boring manuscript is not a good idea. Publishing has changed. Readers have changed.
- Self-publishing does not mean you don’t need to pay somebody to proofread and edit your book. Readers are insulted when they find mistakes in books. It’s like serving guests dinner on dirty plates.
- Always delete the first three chapters of the first draft of your first three novels. It will always be filled with backstory you don’t need.
Image created at Someecards
#Scandal: Why make Scott Foley a Series Regular?
After much debate, we came to ONE conclusion. To anger the fans. Because that’s all it did. What possible storyline could they have for Jake Ballard that would interest the fans? For us, none.
And since when should any successful Prime-Time Series spit in the face of its fans? How about never. With tweets, blogs, and message boards… ABC knows how the general fandom feels about Jake Ballard with Olivia, and as a character in general.
So WHY buck the masses and force us to watch this fool every week? Forget Jake. Do something with Harrison. In 2 seasons, Harrison has yet to be fleshed out as a character.
ten inch dick aka longer than my forearm
i know there are some writers who follow me
I believe the average is 6 inches? The longest is 14, an he suffers dizziness when he gets a boner, and even though he’s heterosexual, he can only have sex with men (or anally with women) as his cock can’t fit in a vagina.
So writers, take note.
jesus h. christ
I once had a boyfriend who was quite well-endowed, and that was some painful, annoying shit right there (especially with a selfish dude who didn’t really think about that/blamed me for being “tiny,” what the fuck). The average vagina is 3-4 inches deep, though some women may have a depth of 6-7 inches.
Of course, a lady’s Sarlaac Pit is designed to accomodate rather large things. That does not, however, mean that it is comfortable or fun to have those large things in your hermetically-sealed shame basket, not to mention have it ramming repeatedly against your cervix. Ow fucking ow.
Contrary to popular belief, bigger is NOT ALWAYS BETTER.
A rectum can be between 5-7 inches deep. A pliable dildo could push past that, taking that sharp curve into the large intestine, if you’re patient and flexible and you have a lot of lube at your disposal. And you don’t mind things being in your INTESTINES, oh my God. A hard dick, however, that isn’t so bendy, would be another story entirely.
So if you’re shooting for realistic sex and your bottom isn’t into pain, you may want to reconsider giving your top anything over 7-8 inches of dick. 10+ inches might sound awesome but like Communism, for most people at least, it’s better in theory than it is in practice.
This very NSFW and TMI-imbued post brought to you by all the fucks I do not give.
Oh and if anyone accuses me of kink shaming I will find you and I will skin you.
ive learned a lot today omg
i think the last of my innocence just got killed reading this
I reblogged this yesterday but I just have to reblogg again for ^
#huge dicks are like communism
can someone please put that on a shirt
10 inches is bigger than you forearm? Wow, you’ve got a small forearm. :3
The longest is actually 16 inches lol
John how the fuck do you know that?
Today on Tumblr, I learned about dicks…
I really liked the way Rachel Maddow explained her support for affirmative action, and I thought it might be useful for some people. (Full Video)
THIS. People seem to be very confused about what Affirmative Action is actually designed to do, and this is an excellent explanation.